1. Jay Adams - Paddle Out - Venice, CA (2:18) Surfers/skaters from Jeff Ho to Christian Hosoi honor legendary Venice surfer. Read the full story: SPORTS "Jay Adams Memorial Paddle-Out Draws Stars of Surfing." Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Dennis Romero. 09/02/14. https://vimeo.com/108602622
2. Sugar Daddies Sugar Babies (2:51) Blood-red lighting and a flowing chocolate fountain were the backdrop for 150 masked, anonymous women and men and seeking luxury lives and financial backing in exchange for sex with sugar daddies. Then, the masks came off. Read the full story: NIGHTLIFE "A Party for Sugar Babies and Sugar Daddies Makes Us Question Our Faith in Humanity." Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Hille Aron. 09/23/14. https://vimeo.com/108603541
3. Tour the First Distillery (2:18) Greenbar, creator of organic spirits, is the hottest thing to hit L.A.'s Industrial District since the stark warehouse zone along the L.A River was dubbed the Cleantech Corridor in 2008. Read the full story: ALCOHOL & SPIRITS "Greenbar, L.A.'s First Distillery Since Prohibition, Opens Tasting Room." Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Amy Scattergood. 10/7/14. https://vimeo.com/108603784
4. Blackout House L.A. (2:14) Behind the scenes at America's most visceral and personally disturbing haunted house. Read the full story: ART "Is This the Scariest Haunted House in Nation?" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by LA Weekly. 10/17/14. https://vimeo.com/109282752
5. WHAT GREAT DISH CAN A KID COOK? Ludo shows them how (2:39) At a November cooking class in Hollywood, a pack of little kids, complete with parent paparazzi, learns how to make gnocchi from one of L.A.'s great chefs, Ludo Lefebvre. Read the full story: L.A. CHEFS - "Trois Mec Chef Ludo Lefebvre Teaches Adorable Kids to Make Gnocchi" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Besha Rodell. 11/10/14. https://vimeo.com/110825171
6. Spot, Legendary Roller-Skating Punk Producer/Photographer (2:27) The edgy soul of 1980s Hermosa Beach is still hardcore, on the eve of publication of his book of iconic photographs he took from the 1960s through early 1980s. Read the full story: PHOTOGRAPHY "Spot's Amazing Photos Document the Early South Bay Skate Punk Scene" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Paul T. Bradley. 12/05/14. https://vimeo.com/113198119
7. In the 'Hood, How a Tamale Mecca Churns Out Thousands a Day (2:28) Tamaleria La Doña on Compton Boulevard looks more like a house than a factory, but inside it's easy to see why customers travel from all over Los Angeles and Orange counties to buy tamales by the dozen. Read the full story: L.A. RESTAURANTS "In Compton, an Unassuming Tamale Mecca Sells Thousands a Day" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Sarah Bennett. 12/20/14. https://vimeo.com/115130475
8. Xander Mozejewski, L.A.'s Insanely Awesome Wheelchair Guy (2:56) Xander Mozejewski is a Valley kid who had it all: brains, athleticism, California looks. Hired as a model, he soon got behind the camera. Then, in 2011, "Moze" was struck by a car while riding his motorcycle to a surf shop. Read the full story: LONGFORM "Xander Mozejewski's Ridiculously Awesome Life in a Wheelchair" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Chris Walker. 01/07/15. https://vimeo.com/115595209
9. Vinyl's Resurgence (2:46) The war over what sounds better, music played digitally or music from an LP, never died out. And now, people can't seem to get enough new LPs. Read the full story: CULTURE WARS "5 Reasons Why Vinyl is Not a Fad" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Art Tavana. 01/28/15. https://vimeo.com/117540799
10. Babes in Toyland Reunite 18 Years Later: Can They Take Us By Storm Again? (2:45) Babes In Toyland is one of the most influential female groups ever, inspiring Bikini Kill, Hole and others male and female. Read the full story: ROCK "Babes in Toyland Bassist Maureen Herman on Addiction, Recovery and Reunions" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Lina Lecaro. 01/28/15. https://vimeo.com/119156388
11. When You Drive in Drag, Everybody Wants a Lyft (2:49) Driving Is a Drag, featuring a Prius decked out in beads and teddy bears, plus novelty headbands replete with springy plastic penises for the riders. Read the full story: TRANSPORTATION "Meet L.A.'s Drag Queen Lyft Driver" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Eric Webb. 02/25/15. https://vimeo.com/119882247
12. UCLA Students Provide Aid to a Defiant Tijuana Squatter Town (2:55) UCLA students set up a free clinic in this town in eastern Tijuana. Read the full story: CITY NEWS "UCLA Students Provide Aid to a Defiant Tijuana Squatter Town" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Jessica P. Ogilvie. 03/11/15. https://vimeo.com/117198174
13. Alexandra Nowell, L.A.'s Trailblazing First Female Brewmaster (2:45) Nowell thrives in her un-dainty world. She is the only female brewmaster in L.A. Read the full story: BEERS "Meet Alexandra Nowell, L.A.'s only female brewmaster" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Sarah Bennett. 03/18/15. https://vimeo.com/121826166
14. How Two Computer Geniuses Build the Epic Stage Visuals for Flying Lotus (2:32) David Wexler, aka Strangeloop, and his partner John King, aka Timeboy have created two groundbreaking styles of 3D projection mapping for electronic musician Flying Lotus. Read the full story: COACHELLA "Flying Lotus' Visual Designers talk about bringing their show to Coachella" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Graham Berry. 03/24/15. https://vimeo.com/122934680
15. The Do Lab constructing Big Fish for Coachella (2:59) The Do LaB art collective holds a unique position in the Coachella ecosystem, designing huge structures for the festival that double as art installations and performance spaces, bringing their unique, colorful aesthetic to the Empire Polo Grounds. Read the full story: COACHELLA"Watch a Time-Lapse video of The Do LaB building their massive Coachella structure" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Andy Hermann. 04/12/15. https://vimeo.com/124733562
16. Saint Motel - The Road to Coachella (2:58) For years, the nerdy Los Angeles pop rockers Saint Motel were seen on mock Coachella posters that adorned the Internet. Now, the "suddenly" hot Saint Motel is playing coveted slots at the 2015 Coachella festival. Read the full story: COACHELLA "For Saint Motel, a spot on the Coachella lineup is extra sweet" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Daniel Kohn. 04/15/15. https://vimeo.com/124942889
17. L.A., Get Ready for the Aussie Invader Alison Wonderland (2:57) The throngs came for Alison Wonderland at Coachella, yet this Aussie phenom, who holds secret concerts in massive warehouses and worries about her art, feared that nobody would show up. Read the full story: COACHELLA "Australia's Alison Wonderland is Ready to Take The U.S. EDM Scene By Storm" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Andy Hermann. 04/22/15. https://vimeo.com/125577726
18. Wild Last Hours of Hal's in Venice (2:58) In the last several hours of Hal's existence, at least at its current locale, Beyonce and Jay-Z cozied up at a table. Read the full story: NIGHTLIFE "Goodbye to Hal's, Venice's Legendary Artist Hangout on Abbot Kinney" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Isaac Simpson & updated by Jill Stewart. 04/27/15. https://vimeo.com/126107817
19. The $10,000 Dog - Saving the Life of Hercules (3:00) Consider the plight of Hercules, discovered by dog rescuers seriously beat-down and stumbling across traffic lanes with a broken neck. Read the full story: ANIMAL WELFARE "Hercules the Friendly Pit Bull Needs Your Help" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Dennis Romero. 05/22/15. https://vimeo.com/128420853
20. Earthy, Stunning Topanga Canyon It's Got The Most Incredible 'Art Walk' of All (2:57) Tour bucolic Topanga Canyon this weekend, and visit the countrified, even treehouse like studios of more than 20 artists. Read the full story: ART "Topanga Canyon Holds L.A.'s Most Incredible Art Walk" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Jessica P. Ogilvie. 05/28/15. https://vimeo.com/129068634
21. Big L.A. Crowd Protests Jerry Brown’s High Speed Rail Route (3:30) Angry people spilled from a packed auditorium at the Ronald Reagan State Office Building in L.A. Read the full story: POLITICS - "Turns Out Almost Nobody Wants A Bullet Train In Their Backyard" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Hillel Aron. 06/10/15. https://vimeo.com/130264876
22. Parking at the Hollywood Bowl - If You Drive Into This Mess, Don't Be a Tool (2:10) Line 671 stops only at the Bowl, normally a 25-minute uphill walk. Read the full story: TRAFFIC "My Epic, Three-Hour Journey from Santa Monica to the Hollywood Bowl" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Susan Sisko Carter. 06/10/15. https://vimeo.com/130264876
23. From OKCupid's Files, UCB Creates OKStupid: Blind Dates, But Onstage (2:44) Three girls try out with one guy. Liquid courage "helps" everyone. Read the full story: COMEDY "OKCupid Blind Dating Is Much Less Intense Than OKStupid at UCB" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Robert Pursell. 07/02/15. https://vimeo.com/132212872
24. The Eminem of Mexican Music is African American: El Compa Negro (2:59) Rhyan Lowery is a black 19-year-old from Compton who fell in love with Mexican rancheros. He sings corrido at big clubs across SoCal. Read the full story: EAST SIDE LOVE "Will Corrido Fans Accept an African American Singer From Compton?" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Sarah Bennett. 07/08/15. https://vimeo.com/132846229
25. Extended Footage: Trump Protestors Jam Streets of Los Angeles (2:59) Trump sneaked into Brentwood in a two-SUV caravan with the kind of tinted windows that would get just about any Latino pulled over in a heartbeat. Read the full story: POLITICS "Donald Trump Sneaks Into Brentwood" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Dennis Romero. 07/10/15. https://vimeo.com/133206542
26. Kamasi Washington unites Jazz & Hip-Hop artists to commemorate Watts Rebellion’65 & L.A. Uprising’92 (2:44) Kamasi Washington hustled to downtown L.A. in August 2015 to lead his project for more than 1,000 fans at Grand Performances. Read the full story: JAZZ "Kamasi Washington Reinterprets the Music of the Watts and Rodney King Riots" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Sean J. O'Connell. 08/03/15. https://vimeo.com/135198069
27. Watch Skinny Guy Literally Suck Down 343 Gyoza at Eating Contest in Little Tokyo (3:00) The Major League Eating federation’s sanctioned Gyoza Eating Competition in Little Tokyo, Los Angeles. Read the full story: FOOD & SPORT "A Skinny Kid Named Megatoad Can Eat 343 Gyoza" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Matt Ralston . 08/26/15. https://vimeo.com/137117998
28. This Crazy L.A. Factory Turns Your Drawing Into a 3D Plastic Being (3:00) The team at Pretty in Plastic produces crazy stuff in 3D plastic at this art fabrication shop. Read the full story: ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN "From the Reddit Snoo to Justin Bieber's Banana, Pretty in Plastic Turns Ideas into 3D" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Jill Stewart. 10/05/15. https://vimeo.com/140763501
29. Employers & job seekers gather at L.A. Cannabis Job Fair"(3:00) Cannabis companies are licking their chops to expand their businesses. Read the full story: MARIJUANA "Want a Job? The Cannabis Industry Is Hiring Hipsters Now" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Dennis Romero. 10/21/15. https://vimeo.com/142160238
30. WTF is Surf Junkie Jeff Saying? L.A. Surfers Reveal a Secret Language (3:00) Dawn has broken on a SoCal beach where a guy speaks into a recorder about mushy water and corduroy waves. Read the full story: RADIO - "WTF Is Surf Junkie Jeff Saying?" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Robert Pursell. 11/18/15. https://vimeo.com/145941716
31. Roaring 1 percent jets lord over Santa Monica (2:27) Residents of Mar Vista, Culver City, Santa Monica and Pacific Palisades already are noticing jets flying in and out at lower altitudes and more often. Read the full story: ENVIRONMENT "Is Massive Jetliner noise coming to unsuspecting L.A." Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Darralynn Hutson. 11/23/15. https://vimeo.com/146595789
32. 20 minutes of Hell in Paris a band member and hero of the Bataclan massacre makes a vow (3:00) Shawn London, a well-known Venice musician and the sound engineer for Eagles of Death Metal, says he sees a different world after having been heaped with bodies during the Paris massacre, where terrorists believed he was dead. Read the full story: VIDEO "Eagles of Death Metal's Sound Man Makes a Vow After Surviving Massacre" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Dennis Romero. 12/09/15. ttps://vimeo.com/147667169
33. How Chefs Really Make Hand-Pulled Chinese Noodles, in Time-Lapse (2:53) Freshly-made, hand-pulled Chinese noodles with perfect chewiness are among the great joys of the San Gabriel Valley. Read the full story: CHINESE CUISINE "Where to Find the Best Noodles in Los Angeles" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Jim Thurman and Clarissa Wei. 12/15/15. https://vimeo.com/148701153
34. Peek at the World's Biggest Stock of Cannabis Photos (2:53) Fine art photographer Ophelia Chong believes gorgeous images can show that medical weed is a beautiful thing. Read the full story: MARIJUANA "Marijuana Stock Photography Is No Longer Just Big-Boobed Nurses" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Liz Ohanesian. 12/22/15. https://vimeo.com/149728062
35. L.A.'s Biggest New Year's Eve Party at Grand Park (2:57) A virtual city of 50,000 people crammed into the closed streets of Downtown Los Angeles for the most sprawling, crazy night in California to ring in the New Year. Read the full story: VIDEO "50,000 Angelenos Ring in the New Year in Grand Park" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by LA Weekly. 01/01/16. https://vimeo.com/150478040
36. Gougers Demand $17,000 as Porter Ranch Becomes a Ghost Town (2:44) Incredibly, L.A. landlords want $11,000 to $17,000 per month near the Porter Ranch gas leak, gouging families forced from their homes. Read the full story: ENVIRONMENT "Price-Gouging Landlords Are Ripping Off Porter Ranch Residents" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Gene Maddau. 01/15/16. https://vimeo.com/151703939
37. Tour Inglewood, Not Exactly a Gem of Southern California (2:13) In SoCal the name Inglewood is forever linked to Tupac's line, "always up to no good." Read the full story: DEVELOPMENT "Will the NFL Really Transform Inglewood Into the Manic Pixie Dream of the Future?" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Hillel Aron. 01/21/16. https://vimeo.com/152160779
38. See Why a Balloon Maker is Now a Global Name in Huge Inflatable Art (2:56) An L.A. artist started out making and selling balloon figures on the street, but now globally famed Doron Gazit drapes momentous, gorgeous balloon tubes of air across deserts, bridges and toxic waste sites. Read the full story: ART "You've Seen Doron Gazit's Work at the Olympics, the Super Bowl - and In the Middle of..." Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Eva Recinos. 01/26/16. https://vimeo.com/152919163
39. L.A. Metro Riders on Why Riders Keep Vanishing (2:58) The vision of a transit-centric L.A. was always further away than the politicians made it seem. Read the full story: LOS ANGELES "10 Ways to Lure People Onto Metro's Half-Empty Trains and Buses." Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Hillel Aron. 02/03/16. https://vimeo.com/153897480
40. Adventure on the Red Line: From NoHo to Little Tokyo (3:00) An explorer named Dora takes us along for a ride on the Metro Red Line. Read the full story: LOS ANGELES “Something Cool To Do At Every Stop on The Metro Red Line” Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Liz Ohanesian. 02/12/16. https://vimeo.com/155003580
41. Van Jazmin's Live-Action Art Captures the Energy of the L.A. Club Scene (2:55) Illustrator Van Jazmin has done live art for the likes of Skrillex, Diplo and Kill the Noise. L.A. Weekly accompanied him on one night out in L.A.'s club. Read the full story: CLUBLAND "Van Jazmin's Live-Action Art Captures the Energy of the L.A. Club Scene" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Patrick Shannon. 02/26/16. https://vimeo.com/156680979
42. The Breeding Ground: Venice Skate Park with Eric “Tuma” Britton (2:52) Raised in the Venice skateboarding scene and a pro since age 12, Eric "Tuma" Britton is now an elder statesman of the sprawling beachside skate park they call the Breeding Ground. Read the full story: VIDEO "Skateboarding's Heritage Runs Deep at Venice Beach's "Breeding Ground" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Gwynedd Stuart. 03/08/16. https://vimeo.com/157952419
43. The Art of Hula-Hooping Comes to L.A. (2:58) A weeklong event for hooping enthusiasts, which features classes, performances, competitions, flash mobs and things called "hoop jams" Read the full story: CULTURE "The Art (and Exercise) of Hula-Hooping Comes to L.A." Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Gwynedd Stuart. 03/17/16. Hoopurbia instructors outfits suited by Racysuits. https://vimeo.com/159346784
44. 1st Annual L.A 420 Games promote the healthy and responsible use of cannabis (2:56) Santa Monica Pier hosts the 2016 420 Games. Athletes of all levels came out to enjoy the fun and help to promote and partake in the awareness of Cannabis. Read the full story: CULTURE "Meet the Latest Breed of Proud Potheads: Weed-Loving Jocks" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Paul T. Bradley. 03/30/16. https://vimeo.com/160716864
45. The Roaring Twenties Come Alive in 21st-Century Los Angele (3:00) Last weekend, people in love with the history, fashion, culture and dance of the 1920s gathered in for the annual Roaring Twenties Street Jam. Read the full story: DANCE "Flapper Chicks and Dapper Dudes Transport Back to the Roaring Twenties" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Gwynedd Stuart. 04/05/16. https://vimeo.com/161558897
46. The Herbal Chef & Mary Magazine Host a Lightly Dosed, Multi-Course Cannabis Dinner (3:00) An alum of restaurants including Eleven Madison Park and Mélisse, chef Chris Sayegh has been putting on cannabis dinners around L.A. since 2013. Read the full story: MARIJUANA "I Got High at a Fine-Dining Cannabis Pop-Up Dinner" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Sarah Bennett. 04/16/16. https://vimeo.com/163043935
47. Ace Hotel: A brief history of the gloriously resurrected historic treasure (2:32) Ace Hotel Group's Kelly Sawdon gives a tour of the historic Theatre at Ace Hotel, describing its origin as Charlie Chaplin and Mary Pickford's United Artists Theatre and its present-day role as a hub for live music, film and the performing arts in downtown Los Angeles. Read the full story: VIDEO "How Ace Hotel Resurrected One of DTLA's Most Spectacular Theaters" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by L.A Weekly. 04/29/16. https://vimeo.com/164172532
48. Alex Estrada bridges mariachi and rock 'n' roll for today's generation (2:57) The lead singer of hardcore band Silver Snakes, Estrada would have been a sixth generation mariachi. Instead, he discovered Smashing Pumpkins and Nine Inch Nails. Read the full story: PEOPLE 2016 "Alex Estrada Was Going to Be a Sixth-Generation Mariachi. Then He Discovered Rock & Roll" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Jason Roche. 05/04/16. https://vimeo.com/163490499
49. Chef Tin Vuong: staying true to authentic flavor and keeping it real (2:49) Vuong is Asian, and he’s a chef. But to corner him as “an Asian chef” would be a mistake. Go behind the scenes of his downtown restaurant Little Sister to see what makes him tick. Read the full story: PEOPLE 2016 "Tin Vuong Is a Chef Who Wants to Do Everything and Do It Now" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Sarah Bennett. 05/04/16. https://vimeo.com/165094455
50. Alex “Twisted” Bazaar shows us how to do Melbourne Shuffle (2:43) Alex "Twisted" Bazaar is the master of a particularly gob-smacking version of hardstyle dance that many perform, yet few perfect: the Melbourne Shuffle. Read the full story: ”Want to Learn How to Shuffle Like Those Kids at the EDM Shows?” Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Joel “DJ Deadly Buda” Bevacqua. 06/07/16. https://vimeo.com/169478262
51. The 7 Best Songs Ever Written About L.A. (1:28) L.A. is the land of endless sunshine and Hollywood high rollers. But we're also the birthplace of gangsta rap, the sleazy home of hair metal, and the place where sex and drugs met rock & roll. Read the full story: ”The 20 Best Songs Ever Written About L.A.” Video by Hso Hkam and article written by L.A. Weekly. 06/23/16. https://vimeo.com/171645570
52. The 7 Best Singers of All Time (1:47) They've yet to invent the musical instrument that can move us more than the human voice. Great singers convey a world of emotion in a single note, turn simple melodies into symphonies and imbue the most straightforward lyrics with the depth of a Russian novel. Read the full story: ”The 20 Best Singers of All Time” Video by Hso Hkam and article written by L.A. Weekly. 06/23/16. https://vimeo.com/171974113
53. 75 Drone Pilots at L.A. Drone National Qualifier (2:42) More than 75 Los Angeles drone racers took to the air at this qualifying round for the Drone Nationals, which will take place in New York in August 2016. Read the full story: "Drone Racing Is the Sport of the Future and L.A. Is an Epicenter" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Paul T. Bradley. 07/08/16. https://vimeo.com/172675797
54. Shanti Hinojos: The Art of Food Styling (2:19) Shanti Hinojos is a food stylist who helps make delectable dishes that appear on various television shows. Read the full story: "A Food Stylist Takes Us Behind the Scenes of a TV Cooking Show" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Sheila Regan. 07/07/16. https://vimeo.com/173006584
55. The Best Outdoor Restaurant Patios in Los Angeles (1:58) L.A. has perhaps the best selection in the country of places to dine al fresco. But amidst this wealth, some patios, decks and gardens truly stand out. Read the full story "10 Best Restaurants in Los Angeles for Outdoor Dining" Video by Hso Hkam and the article written by Jessica A. Koslow and Besha Rodell. 07/17/16. https://vimeo.com/170457656
56. 10 Weird L.A. Places Everyone Should Visit Once (1:58) Weird is relative in Los Angeles. Some might instantly think of infamous murder houses or seedy secret histories, but that's more creepy than weird. Read the full story "10 Weird L.A. Places Everyone Should Visit Once" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Liz Ohanesian. 07/01/16. https://vimeo.com/172886816
57. 6 Killer Road Trips 2016 (1:39) Sometimes you’ve just got to get out of town. Luckily, our city is positioned at a crossroads of awesome, with seemingly endless adventures just a road trip away. Read the full story "Road Trips 2016" video by Hso Hkam and article written L.A. Weekly staff. 07/15/16. https://vimeo.com/174795231
58. 5 Great Moments of Comic-con (1:51) Comic-Con 2016 officially opened in San Diego on Thursday, July 21. A never-ending display of creativity, the cosplay at San Diego Comic-Con 2016 was astonishing all weekend long. Read the full story Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Ryan Orange. 07/25/16. https://vimeo.com/176204456
59. Caló Provisions: Chicano Cooking In the Heart of L.A. (2:56) Chef Ted Montoya believes pozole's time has come, and he's banking on his version, infused with nontraditional flavors and multicultural influences. Read the full story "This Chicano Chef's Pozole Will Make Your Abuelita Jealous" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Valentina Silva. 07/25/16. https://vimeo.com/178116803
60 Bruce Lee’s Daughter Keeps His Legacy Alive (4:00) While most know Bruce Lee from his badass fight scenes in kung fu movies, his daughter Shannon Lee says that too few realize he was also a writer and philosopher, adapting ancient Chinese wisdom with his own accessible, modern phrasing. He wanted everyone to find enlightenment, not just the philosophers. Read the full story "How Bruce Lee's Daughter Is Sharing His Philosophies With the Digital Generation" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by April Wolfe. 09/06/16. https://vimeo.com/181555505
61. 8 Best Music Videos Shot in L.A. (1:46) Whether we're talking about artists that were born and raised in L.A., or who were just passing through, many of them have used the city as a character in music videos for their most popular songs. Read the full story "The 20 Best Music Videos Ever Shot in Los Angeles" Video by Hso Hkam and article written by L.A. Weekly. 10/18/16.
62. Bridgetown DIY: A Space for L.A's Emerging Artists (2:56) At Bridgetown DIY in La Puente, both local and touring underground artists playing punk, electronic music, garage-rock and more have a space in which to experiment and reach an enthusiastic young audience in an area that offers few other options for live music. Read the full story Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Sam Ribakoff. 10/20/16.
63. The Toys of Phil Ramirez (1:53) Phil Ramirez is a Los Angeles toy-maker with a dream to make the heir to the dash board hula girl. His claim to fame: the Booty Bumper. Read the full story Video by Hso Hkam and article written by L.A. Weekly staff. 11/3016.
64. 10 Best Takeout Windows in Los Angeles (1:30) Take-out windows are all the rage right now in Los Angeles, slinging everything from Filipino-Hawaiian pastries to juicy burgers topped with a kosho mayo. Read the full story Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Jean Trinh. 11/28/16.
65. 10 Best Special-Occasion Restaurants in Los Angeles (1:23) Birthday? Anniversary? Here's where to go to celebrate a special occasion in Los Angeles. Read the full story Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Besha Rodell. 11/28/16.
66. The Messiah Project (2:57) The annual Messiah Project brings together professional musicians and singers from groups including the L.A. Philharmonic and the Colburn School to perform with and for L.A.'s homeless community on Skid Row. Read the full story Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Katie Bain. 12/13/16.
67. 10 Best Restaurants in Santa Monica (1:21) We ate our way through the restaurants of Santa Monica, visited the old standbys and the shiny new hot spots, and came away with a list of 10 restaurants that warrant the drive to the beach. Read the full story Video by Hso Hkam and article written by LA Weekly. 12/16/16.
68. The Top French Fries in Los Angeles (1:30) Southern California — home of McDonald's, which makes the best fast-food french fries on the planet — and Los Angeles in particular has a fantastic array of french fries to choose from. Read the full story Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Katherine Spiers. 12/21/16.
69. The Top Los Angeles Restaurants of 2016 (1:27) With these restaurants and many others, Los Angeles proved once again in 2016 that it's up for the task of maintaining its newfound respect in the culinary world, and can easily retain the title of America's most interesting dining scene. Read the full story Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Besha Rodell & Garrett Synder. 12/27/16.
70. The 5 Best and 5 Worst Things to Happen to L.A. in 2016 (1:52) To keep things in perspective, here are the five best and five worst things that happened to Los Angeles in 2016. Read the full story Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Hallel Aron. 12/27/16.
71. Legalization of Street Vendors in Los Angeles (2:58) An estimated 10,000 to 12,000 vendors sell food at the beaches, parks and sidewalks all over Los Angeles. Read the full story Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Sarah Portnoy. 01/25/17.
72. 8 Best Restaurants for Chicken Wings in L.A. (1:14) Chicken wings have become a canvas for all kinds of spicy, tangy, umami-laden flavor. Read the full story Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Heather Platt. 01/13/17.
73. The Best Ramen Shops in L.A. (1:06) Seaweed, pork, noodles. Or maybe lobster, egg, noodles. L.A. is one city that sure does know how to satisfy any ramen lover's cravings. Read the full story Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Katherine Spiers. 01/21/17.
74. 10 Best Restaurants in Venice (1:39) Venice’s highly saturated culinary scene, it can be difficult to figure out which restaurants stand out. Read the full story Video by Hso Hkam and article written by LA Weekly . 02/17/17.
75. The Prettiest Desserts You Can Find in L.A. Restaurants (1:54) The season of indulgence is upon us. And in that spirit we present the most gorgeous desserts available to you around Los Angeles. Read the full story Video by Hso Hkam and article written by L.A. Weekly. 02/26/17.
76. Garden School Foundation: Connecting Kids With Nature (2:50) Garden School Foundation’s motto since its inception has been to “beet the asphalt” by creating a peaceful sanctuary for children and by teaching them. Read the full story Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Sarah Portnoy. 02/16/17.
77. Dune and Elf Bring Vegetable-Forward Cuisine to Northeast L.A. (2:56) Founded by Scott Zwiezen, Evan Haros, and Astara Calas, Elf is the last remnant of the late ’90s/early 2000s Northeast L.A. vibe, when neighborhood haunts weren’t just places to be seen on Instagram. Read the full story Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Besha Rodell . 03/25/17.
79. Pro Skater: Theotis Beasley (3:00) Inglewood’s Pro Skateboarder Theotis Beasley on be yourself. Ever since he received a skateboard as a gift from his cousin as a little kid, Theotis Beasley has had a way to stay busy. But over the course of the past 12 years, the Inglewood native has gone from the kid at the skate shop who asks too many questions to one of the top skateboarders in the world. Read the full story Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Josh Chesler. 05/03/17
80. David Alfaro Siqueiros: América Tropical (2:43) Famous Mexican muralist David Alfaro Siqueiros' 1932 work "América Tropical" gets a restoration and cleaning by preservationists from the Getty Preservation Institute. It's located in Downtown Los Angeles near Olvera Street. Video by Hso Hkam 05/02/17.
81. Shark Lab at CSULB (3:00) The Shark Lab has become the one-stop clearinghouse for answers about sharks, especially in our local waters. Read the full story Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Michael Albo. 07/03/17.
82. Inside the Fender Custom Shop and Factory in Corona (3:00) Yuriy Shishkov is a celebrated master builder at Fender’s Custom Shop in Corona. He creates guitars crafted from Alaskan yellow cedar "blanks" sawn from the Hollywood Bowl benches. Read the full story Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Paul Rogers. 08/09/17.
83. Pinup Girl Clothing Debuts a New Collaboration with Elvira (3:00) Cassandra Peterson, aka Elvira Mistress of the Dark, unveils her new line of sexy dresses at Pinup Girl Boutique. Read the full story Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Lena Lecaro. 8/31/17.
84. Ken Gonzales-Day: Exploring Identity and Construction of Race (3:00) Ken Gonzales-Day's exhibit "Bone-Grass Boy: The Secret Banks of the Conejos River" at Luis de Jesus Los Angeles Gallery in Culver City, tracing his family back to 16th-century New Mexico. He learns about his complicated genealogy and writes his family history as if it were a novel in which his ancestors are the characters. Read the full story Video by Hso Hkam and article written by Caribbean Fragoza.